"The truth is, Mom, I like to color." These type of grown-up statements Abby makes just crack me up! For a couple of months we have been working on the concept of "truth." It came up when Abby was asked who needed their diaper changed. Her response is almost always, "It's Evan." But the answer is usually Abby! So I tried to explain "truth," sort of abstract for a three year old, but hopefully she will grasp it soon. Now she is always telling me, "The truth is...."
Another good one was:
Q. "Why didn't you tell Mommy that you needed to use the potty?"
A. "The truth is, Mom, I just had to take a dump like a dog."
That one still has us laughing.
In the picture, Abby is playing her "banjo" on the stage, while wearing her rock star sunglasses (that Evan broke a few hours later). She really gets that tongue working when she plays the banjo!
No comments:
Post a Comment