For Christmas Michael gave me an early gift, an iPhone. Was I holding out on this whole thing because I was worried about technology addiction? Well, yes...but now that I have one I guess I will have to try my best or join some sort of iPhone Anonymous group! This was sort of a gift for himself because he wanted me to be able to send him pictures of the kids throughout the day and I think he was always annoyed that I never answered my old cell phone and figured if I had an iPhone that I would probably use it more. But for these reasons and the large fact that he knew once I had one I would really like it, he gave one to me for Christmas.
So with this little gadget I am taking pictures and videos, and so are the kids! Tonight Evan was caught red-handed taking a video with it. The best part is that these are so hilarious and it does capture some of these little moments that I do wish I was jotting down when I have my hands busy unloading the dishwasher or mixing a bottle. One of his funny phrases in his video was that he was telling me that something was "a dollar long" - so he was mixing up money and measurements, but oh so serious about it. Unfortunately, since it is a little expensive to be a toy, he had to put down the "pone" - which is what he called it when Dad told him that phone started with a "p" and not with an "f," but we hope to be able to take many more entertaining videos of him as he grows!
Tonight was letter "P" night at our house. Abby brought home a binder from school titled, "Please Pass the P's" about practicing politeness. One thing that her class does every week that we LOVE is that they make a new binder with drawings that tell a story. Then her teacher laminates the pages and allows the kids to take the binders home to read with their families. Abby's page in the binder says "Abby, please pass the pumpkin, plane, and penguin. Thank you." We really get a bang out of some of the things we see in these binders!
To continue with letter "P" night, we had Pizza, Peas (much to Brooke's delight - she ate and ate and ate!) and Peaches (which she also enjoyed). Then of course we had to spend more time finding other things in the house that began with the letter "p." But right now, it is time for this blog author to find Pajamas!
No comments:
Post a Comment