Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Shifty Chef

Most of the time, things are not exactly right around here. But we would not want it any other way. That is what makes us laugh and keeps it interesting. If Abby called the cooking store by its real name instead of calling it "The Shifty Chef," how boring would that be? Every now and then Abby will correct something Evan says, and I will tell her that sometimes it just takes kids a little while to learn things, not to worry. The other night we reminisced about how Evan used to say, "I ate my pood all!" and now he is more grown up and does not talk that way. Even though it is not "correct" I will probably miss the day when Abby does not say things are "fab-lee-us" instead of "fabulous." They are growing up too fast on us!
In the picture is the child we look forward to making up words next. She is already babbling - mostly "oohs" and "ahs." This is Brooke waking up in the morning and joyously unrestrained.

No comments: